Blog ini menyediakan materi dan tips untuk belajar bahasa Inggris secara efektif dan menyenangkan.

...

Why did I decide to learn English? My English Learning Journey Series #1

Why Did I Decide to Learn English?


This is the first article in my English Learning Journey series. In this series, I want to focus on improving my writing skills.

Knowing English is not a special skill. As a lingua franca, English is one of the basic skills that people should know, so I should learn it too. But this is not the only reason why I am learning English.

I like reading in my free time, and much of my job involves accessing text as well. Many books have been written in English and are not available in Bahasa. So the only thing I can do is read them in English. I realize there is a different feeling when reading in English compared to Bahasa. I can understand the humor in the original text and avoid poor translations.

I admit that I can't understand every single word in each book or article. I just focus on the whole text and try to find the overall message.

This is not just about books but also about all the resources that are available only in English. The majority of people in Indonesia don't like to read, so the only way to read a good book is to read it in English.

That is why I decided to learn English. It will help me enhance my reading materials and become a part of the global community.

I also believe that learning English is good for my brain and my communication skills. This must be beneficial for my job and my career.
Back To Top type='text/javascript'/>