Blog ini menyediakan materi dan tips untuk belajar bahasa Inggris secara efektif dan menyenangkan.

...

My First English Learning Experience (My English Learning Journey Series #2)

My First English Learning Experience. 

(My English Learning Journey Series #2)


This is the second article of my English Learning Journey series. In the previous article, I wrote about why I decided to learn English. 

In this article, I will share my first experience learning English.

My first contact with English was in Junior High. I remember how we reacted when we heard our teacher speak English. We had no idea and my cousin mumbled and spoke random words pretending he spoke English.

Well, we came from a small village. We don't have access to the English materials. The only thing we know is our local language and the national language. I understand three languages because I also know about my father's language. 

English is like an alien language. My parents and all my neighbors also don't know about it.

I asked my parent to buy me a small dictionary, but believe me that did not help me at that time. 

We just translated every single word in every lesson. I think I just can do the activity for 30 minutes before I get tired and give up. I got frustrated because I tried to translate everything including 'the'. You can imagine how boring it was to translate every single word. 

I don't know about regular verbs or irregular verbs and how to use them. All I know, is we would be happy if the teacher was not coming to our class. 

Our teacher rarely came to school, especially during the rainy season. It is so difficult to come with a motorcycle because he should be stuck in the mud.

It happened during my junior school which was three years. That is why, I was completely lost when I entered my senior high school. I got nothing in three years.
I do not blame the teacher for that situation. I just don't know how to learn it properly. So, I am trying my best to learn English.

Back To Top type='text/javascript'/>