Blog ini menyediakan materi dan tips untuk belajar bahasa Inggris secara efektif dan menyenangkan.

...

The moment I was proud of my English! (My English Learning Journey Series #5)

The moment I was proud of my English!


This article is part of my English learning Journey Series.

I still can't believe I have reached this level of English, from someone who didn't care about it, to someone who now uses it daily. 

English has changed my life.

One of the moments I was proud of my English was when I had a conversation with sister Claudine from Senegal last year. We have discussed many things and truly enjoyed it. 

Having a conversation with someone is more interesting than just sitting and listening, especially if you don't know much about them. 

I was happy to do it because I built my confidence to speak in different languages. 

I can speak at least three local languages but not English. And to speak in their language is not easy because it requires courage.

However, here is the deal. People usually aren't bothered by your accent but sometimes it can make you hesitant to speak. 

Maybe for some of you, this is not a big deal. It might seem like a normal thing to do, but it is not for me. I am not the kind of person who talks much and often has difficulty communicating. Sometimes it is hard to talk with someone and maintain the conversation for a long time. 

Why? Because I don't have enough references to many topics in conversation, I guess. 

Sitting down and talking about experiences was quite interesting. I like to hear people's stories. I usually heard or read it from the book, but now I have time to hear it from someone in person.

I don't remember all of that, but I have not forgotten about the feeling. And I was proud of it.
Back To Top type='text/javascript'/>